Terms And Conditions
Your access to and use of this website is subject to legally binding terms and conditions. Carefully read the following terms and conditions before accessing or using this website. Your accessing or use of this website indicates your acceptance of the following terms and conditions and your agreement to be bound by them. The following terms and conditions form a binding agreement (“Agreement”) between you, The FlipSide Plan Inc. and all of its properties (“The FlipSide”). We may change these terms and conditions at any time without advance notice. Changed terms will become effective once posted on this website. Your continued use of this website after any change means you have accepted the changed terms and conditions. All references to money amounts in this Agreement, unless otherwise specified, are in Canadian dollars.
- What type of information we collect?
We collect two types of data and information from Users.
The first type of information is un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a User(s), which may be made available or gathered via your use of the Site (“ Non-personal Information ”). We are not aware of the identity of a User from which the Non-personal Information was collected. Non-personal Information which is being collected may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g. the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time, etc.) in order to enhance the functionality of our Site. We may also collect information on your activity on the Site (e.g. pages viewed, online browsing, clicks, actions, etc.).
The second type of information we collect is Personal Information which is personally identifiable information such as your name, residential address and e-mail address and includes information about your products, services, subscriptions and usage, credit card information and billing records. It does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
- What type of personal information does The FlipSide collect?
The FlipSide collects various types of personal information. We may collect any of the following:
- Your name, billing/shipping address, email address, telephone number, and credit card information, including card number, card type, cardholder name and expiration date, when you purchase products or services from us. We may also obtain some or all of this information when you create a user account on The FlipSide. By purchasing a product or service from us you consent to have your email address added to The FlipSide’s mailing list with the purpose of updating you on your purchase, delivering virtual products, informing you of upcoming news, events, updates, promotions and contests pertaining to The FlipSide.
- Personal information you provide to us when you participate in any of our events. This personal information might include your name, profession, e-mail address, phone number, photograph, answers to specific questions, password and computer information.
- Personal information you provide to us when you participate in any of our on-line programs, other meeting spaces, blogs or forums. This personal information might include your name, profession, e-mail address, phone number, photograph, answers to specific questions, password and computer information. The personal information you provide to us when participating in our online programs, meeting spaces, blogs or forums may be used for marketing purposes.
- Personal information you provide to us when you participate in one of our contests, sweepstakes or surveys. This information may include your name, email address and street address, and the answers to survey questions. The personal information you provide to us when participating in these promotions, surveys and contests may be used for marketing purposes.
- Personal information you provide to us when subscribing to our newsletters or emails or when you use our web site, including, but not limited, to when you created a The FlipSide profile at www.theflipsideplan.com. This personal information might include your name, billing/shipping address, email address, telephone number, and credit card information, including card number, card type, cardholder name and expiration date.
- Your personal information from our business partners, if any, and other third parties provided they have agreed to obtain your consent before disclosing your personal information to us.
- Certain technical information from your computer each time you request a page during a visit to our web site www.theflipsideplan.com. This information is collected from your computer’s Web browser to enhance your experience on our web site and may include your IP address, operating system, Web browser software, screen resolution, and referrer Web site.
- How Does The FlipSide collect personal information?
We collect personal information that is voluntarily provided to us by our customers, members, sponsors, web site users and the public in general when they contact us via telephone, e-mail, web browser, or in person. As mentioned above, we may also collect personal information from our business partners, if any, and other third parties who have agreed to obtain the consent of the person the information pertains to before disclosing the information to us. The FlipSide may also collect personal information through Cookies.
A “cookie” is a small piece of information that a website assign to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies are very helpful and can be used for various different purposes. These purposes include allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enable automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and our Services quicker and easier. Cookies are also used to help ensure that the advertisements you see are relevant to you and your interests and to compile statistical data on your use of our Services.
The Site uses the following types of cookies:
- ‘session cookies’ which are stored only temporarily during a browsing session in order to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed;
- ‘persistent cookies ‘ which are read only by the Site, saved on your computer for a fixed period and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to know who you are for repeat visits, for example to allow us to store your preferences for the next sign-in;
- ‘third party cookies’ which are set by other online services who run content on the page you are viewing, for example by third party analytics companies who monitor and analyze our web access.
- Third party collection of information
- Why does The FlipSide collect your Personal Information?
The FlipSide may collect personal information about you and use it for the following reasons:
- ‘To provide products and services to you, to inform you of changes and other relevant information pertaining to your purchase, to bill you when you make a purchase from us, to acknowledge your support and to provide that information to the Canada Revenue Agency and to contact you when necessary, for these purposes.
- To provide you with services or recognition you request.
- For marketing purposes. We may use your contact information to send you emails about promotions, surveys, contests and special events or providing other marketing information to you. Promotional e-mails are intended to inform you of new or unique opportunities, events or special deals that are available from The FlipSide. You can opt not to receive these emails from us by either clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email when you receive it or by sending an email that includes your e-mail address and a request that you not receive our promotional e-mails. In addition, we may send you postal mail notifying you of promotions, surveys, contests or special events or providing other marketing information to you. You can unsubscribe from this postal mail service by sending an e-mail with “unsubscribe” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com that includes your e-mail address and street address. This information will only be used to remove your from our list of recipients of marketing emails and mail.
- To improve the quality of your visit to our web site. We use electronic information such as “cookies” to improve your use of our web site. We collect certain information based on your navigation of our web site to better understand and serve our customers, members and web site visitors. This data allows us to streamline your ability to navigate our web site and develop featured programs and content that will be of interest to our customers and members and web site visitors.
- To improve our service offerings. We monitor and analyze the use of our service offerings in order to determine which services are popular and useful to our customers, members and web site visitors so that we can improve them.
- To better understand your interests. The FlipSide may also prepare aggregated user statistics or information summaries to describe our services and their popularity to our business partners and prospective advertisers and for other lawful purposes. The aggregated user statistics and information will not contain any personally identifiable information.
- To provide a secure and safe environment for our visitors and employees.
- To co-operate with law enforcement and to protect against violations of criminal or civil laws.
- The Disclosure of Personal Information
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may disclose information if we have good faith to believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies (including our Agreement), including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies and/or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
- User Rights
You may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored personal information, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of personal information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your personal information that is in our control.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Object to the processing of personal information by us.
- Request to restrict processing of your personal information by us.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If you wish to exercise any of the aforementioned rights, or receive more information, please contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing client personal data, account opening documents, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations.
We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
- Your Consent
- Verifying and Amending your Personal Information
The FlipSide tries to ensure that all personal information about you that is in our possession is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To enable us to do so, please inform the person to whom you provided your personal information of any change to that information.
You can inquire about, access and review your personal information held by The FlipSide and make corrections to it. Please us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for assistance with these matters. In some cases The FlipSide will be prevented from disclosing the requested information to you. If any request you make for access to personal information is denied, we will provide you with an explanation.
- Resolving your concerns If you have any questions or concerns about Joyous Health’s personal information collection, use and disclosure practices, please let us know and we will do our best to help you. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Canadian Copyright Law
Copyright protection is automatic in Canada. A work need not be registered with the Canadian Copyright Office nor does it have to be marked with a © to indicate that it is copyright protected.
- Restricted Uses
Unauthorized copying or commercial publication or exploitation of text, images, audio and video clips and other content of this website including publication, retransmission, broadcast, circulation, selling, reproduction or redistribution, except as authorized, in writing, by The FlipSide, is specifically prohibited. Anyone wishing to use any text, images, audio and video clips and other content for commercial use, publication, or any purpose other than fair dealing as defined by Canadian law, must request and receive prior written permission from The FlipSide. You covenant and agree not to use any screen scraping, framing, bots, spiders, crawlers, avatars, intelligent agents or other automated processes on this website or its content, without The FlipSide’s written consent. Permission for such uses may be granted on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of The FlipSide. A usage fee may be assessed depending on the type and nature of the proposed use.
- Links to Third Party Websites
The FlipSide website contains links to third party websites. The linked sites and pages are not under the control of The FlipSide and the FlipSide is not responsible for the contents of any linked website. These links are provided as a convenience only and shall not be construed as an endorsement of, sponsorship of, or affiliation with the linked website by The FlipSide.
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The Site is not designed for or directed at children. Under no circumstances shall we allow use of our services by minors without prior consent or authorization by a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
4) Entire Agreement
These terms and conditions and any other legal notices, policies and guidelines of The FlipSide linked to these terms and conditions constitute the entire Agreement between you and The FlipSide relating to your use of this website and supersede any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written), claims, representations, and understandings of the parties regarding such subject matter. This Agreement may not be amended or modified except by The FlipSide making such amendments or modifications available on this website.
5) Termination Of Access
You agree that The FlipSide, in its sole discretion, may suspend or terminate your password, account, or use of Services or Paid Services and remove and discard any User Postings at its convenience or for any reason, including without limitation if we believe you have violated or may violate these Terms and Conditions. You agree that any suspension and/or termination of your access to The FlipSide properties, or use of the Services or Paid Services may be effected without prior notice and that The FlipSide will not be liable to you or to any other person as a result of any such suspension or termination.
6) Limitation Of Liability And Indemnity
IN NO EVENT WILL THE FLIPSIDE OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING AMONG OTHER THINGS LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS), PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY, DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR SUBJECT TO EQUITABLE OR INJUNCTIVE REMEDIES (WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO, OR USE OF THIS WEB SITE, OR DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE, OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS WEB SITE. NOTHING IN THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL EXCLUDE LIABILITIES NOT PERMITTED TO BE EXCLUDED BY APPLICABLE LAW. As a condition of your use of this website, you agree to indemnify The FlipSide and its affiliates from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including legal fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting from your use of this website, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that, if true, would constitute a breach by you of these terms and conditions.
7) How To Contact Us
Last Modified May 14, 2021